Join the GCA
The Greeting Card Association (GCA) is the industry trade organization representing publishers of greeting cards and other stationery products, as well as suppliers to the industry. A member-driven organization, GCA is committed to representing the interests and elevating the voice of the greeting card and social expression industry.
Founded in 1941, GCA serves as the industry’s collective voice in promoting the tradition and value of exchanging greetings cards. GCA also represents the industry before key governmental and regulatory bodies, and monitors trends and developments of interest. GCA-member publishers account for approximately 95 percent of the greeting cards sold in the U.S.
Whether you’re a small publishing company, a market leader or a growing supplier to the industry …GCA membership will keep you competitive, knowledgeable, and abreast of marketplace, regulatory and business changes impacting your company and the industry.
Here are just a few of the benefits you can expect from GCA membership:
• The opportunity to network with key leaders and decision makers in all areas of the social expression industry.
• A voice in forging GCA and industry positions through participation in GCA’s committees and leadership structure.
• Timely and insightful updates on postal regulations, rate changes and issues being discussed in Washington, DC. Did you know the USPS recognizes GCA for its efforts to create the Forever Stamp and the new iconic Butterfly Stamp for non-machineable mail?
• Obtain valuable knowledge, information and research data thru GCA convention presentations, e-updates and research information area in the website’s members-only section
• Discuss industry trends and challenges with members who share similar circumstances and business concerns.
• Make vital business contacts and learn about new opportunities, whether you’re a publisher seeking to learn more about the products and services of suppliers, or you’re a supplier seeking to expose your products and services to publishers.
• Industry representation and advocacy on your behalf through Washington’s recognition of GCA as the authoritative voice of the industry.
In addition to the above advantages, all GCA members automatically receive:
• NEW! Significant discounts through FedEx on Express®, Ground® and Home Delivery® for small package shipments.
• NEW! A minimum 70% discount on LTL freight shipping with UPS. Click for details.
• NEW! Expertise on product inspection, testing, certification and verification through our relationship with SGS Consumer Testing Services. Click for details.
• NEW! A 10% discount on GAIN membership, offering real-time access to industry-specific credit information. Click for details.
• Discounted rates on GCA meetings and events.
• Discounted entry rate for submission of greeting cards to the Annual LOUIE Awards.
• A free copy of the GCA Associates Industry Resource Guide, exclusively for members to use to learn more about the products and services available through these leading industry suppliers.
• Free subscriptions to Gift Shop, Party & Paper Retailer and Stationery Trends magazines, with a discount on advertising.
• CardTalk, the GCA’s newsletter, delivered to your email inbox.
• Membership in the GCA’s group on LinkedIn, a professional networking site.
• Access to affordable insurance through GCA-negotiated rates with leading carriers.
• Access to the GCA's Reps/Lines Wanted job board, connecting you with prospective reps and distributors worldwide.