Exhibit Space Available for Noted: The Greeting Card Expo
Noted: The Greeting Card Exposm, Attracts Companies of all Sizes;
Focus on Greeting Card Community Will Deliver Value to All Attendees
WASHINGTON, DC – October 22, 2018 – The Greeting Card Association (GCA) today announced that after a strong response from GCA members, the application process for Noted: The Greeting Card Exposm, is now open to non-members who want to exhibit at this new Expo, May 18 – 20, 2019 in Brooklyn, New York.
More than 50 designers and a dozen prominent retailers are already committed to attend Noted. Designers, retailers, sales reps and industry suppliers will join A Smyth Co., Avanti, Hallmark, Paper Barista, Papyrus-Recycled Greetings, Inc., Quilling Card, Rhino Parade, Seedlings, Tay Ham, Up With Paper/UWP Luxe and other companies.
“We’re thrilled at the response and we are grateful for the continued support of so many companies in the greeting card community to shape this event,” said John Smyth, co-Owner, A Smyth Co. and co-Chair, Noted – The Greeting Card Expo. “Start-ups to established brands see this industry-driven event as a great, new opportunity to buy, sell and connect,” he said.
GCA publisher and industry supplier members talked with hundreds of individuals across the greeting card community to shape the event and presented the results — and the Expo’s name — to members at its 77th annual convention in Cleveland last month.
The community said it wanted a greeting card event in May, a new venue and a way to connect with peers. Additionally, the community wanted easier set up and a positive ROI.
“The fact that Noted is created for the community and by the community makes it so much easier to see the value,” said Smyth.
Benefits to Noted exhibitors include:
- Spring-Selling Timeframe – preferred by publishers and retailers for new product launches and Christmas buying; GCA also can maintain its LOUIE Awards schedule and related activities.
- All-in Costs, Increased Convenience – The “all-in cost” (including hard walls with shelving, table, chairs, and move-in assistance, plus lunch and beverages daily) for a 6’x3’ space is $1,995 for GCA members. Cost per square foot are somewhat higher for larger spaces; no spaces larger than 20’x20’ are available, to level the “playing field.”
- Increased Savings for GCA Members – GCA members receive a 20% savings on exhibit space.
- Brooklyn Expo Center – a new facility in Brooklyn, surrounded by great retail and restaurants, and within close proximity to Manhattan.
- New, Complimentary Events and Services – VIP retailer Preview Party, educational programming for publishers and retailers, and the opportunity for exhibitors to make a five minute “pitch” to key retailers.
- LOUIE Awards – each exhibitor will receive a complimentary ticket to the May 19 LOUIE Awards, which recognizes the “best of the best” in the industry.
More information including pricing and registration is available at www.greetingcard.org. Industry suppliers can feature their products in the Resource Room during the Expo and can receive exhibit information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration for retailers will open by early 2019.
Headquartered in Washington, D.C., the GCA is the U.S. trade association of the greeting card and social expression industry. Established in 1941, the GCA represents greeting card and stationery publishers, and industry suppliers. Read about GCA member benefits and become a member today.
# # #