*Noted: The Greeting Card Expo
Virtual May 20 & 21, 2021
*Noted Pitch Programs are where makers have a chance to WOW buyers.
The Noted Pitch Program offers an opportunity for companies and makers to pitch their products to an array of retailers, sales reps, and distributors – Live! Participation in one of the Noted themed pitches is included in the price of a Premium booth fee. All Pitch Program participants must be Noted exhibitors.
Thanks to the generous support of our Featured Exhibitors, the Discover Makers of Color and Find New Makers Pitch Programs offer GCA members a Premium Booth at Noted ($899 value which includes the Pitch Program) for just $249. Non-member scholarship recipients will receive a Basic Booth at Noted ($499 value) for just $249 and will have Pitch Program fees waived.
This year’s Pitch Programs include:
- Land Key Accounts – open to exhibitors at the Premium level and above. Getting your cards in front of the right decision makers at key accounts is something with which many Makers, new and established, struggle. If you are looking to expand your sales and boost your business to the next level, sign up to Land Key Accounts today. Applications for 2021 have now closed. We have receivers confirmed from:
- Bas Bleu
- Pitch Your Line – open to exhibitors at the Premium level and above. This is it – your opportunity to pitch your vision, your brand, and your cards. Your story is what makes your cards stand out, so prep that elevator speech and get ready to tell your story and make a splash. If you want a chance to show retailers and buyers what makes your line special, sign up to Pitch your Line today. Applications for 2021 have now closed. We have receivers confirmed from:
- Awesome Brooklyn
- Shakespeare & Co
- Find New Makers – Retailers are always looking for a fresh selection of cards from up-and-coming new Makers. If you’ve been selling your cards wholesale for three years or less, apply for the Find New Makers Pitch Program. Noted’s “Meet New Makers” Pitch Program encourages applications from diverse new Makers who are currently underrepresented within the greeting card industry. Applications for this program are now closed. We have receivers confirmed from:
- Woods Grove
- Barque Gifts
- Crow & Canary
- Annie’s Blue Ribbon General Store
- Discover Makers of Color – GCA recognizes the systematic boundaries that have limited the voices, impressions, and reach of Makers of Color. As a community, we must continue to learn, adapt, and highlight these Makers to push industry inclusion, belonging, and representation. If you are a Maker of Color who’d like to pitch your unique voice and vision to interested retailers, apply for the Discover Makers of Color Pitch Program Scholarship. Applications for this program are now closed. We have receivers confirmed from:
- Hey June
- Awesome Brooklyn
How will it work?
- For the New Maker and Makers of Color Programs, each pitcher will have 4 minutes to pitch and 3 minutes of feedback and Q&A.
- For the Key Accounts, International, and Pitch Your Line Programs, each pitcher will have 5 minutes. Use of the five minutes is up to you, pitch your line but we suggest leaving time in the end for questions and feedback from the panelist.
- The time limit is strictly enforced and will go fast but being organized and concise, past Pitchers have made great connections and sales. Retailers love the format and being able to connect with makers in such a short amount of time.
- Only retailers and sales reps watch the pitch, other makers will not be online, so pitchers can be open and share their feedback.
- You will need to be able to present your cards live with a webcam and audio. The Pitch Program does not allow for slideshow presentations to be shared.
- We will hold one practice session to make sure you can connect, have good lighting, and are comfortable with the system. There will also be an opportunity to answer any questions you may have.
- Wednesday, March 3: Applications open
- Monday, March 22: Scholarship Pitch Program applications closed
- Monday, March 29: Scholarship Pitch Program winners announced
- Monday, April 5: Other Pitch Program applications closed
- Monday, April 12: Pitch Program participants announced
- Week of April 18: Pitch Program practice sessions
- Week of May 2: Recording of Pitch Programs
- May 20 & 21: Pitch Programs played during *Noted: The Greeting Card Expo
Interested in participating in our Pitch Programs? You can sign up here. Note: all Pitch Program participants must be Premium Booth exhibitors.