2022 Noted @ *Noted Awards
Noted@*Noted is where the best new greeting cards are honored.
Started in 2020, the Noted@*Noted Awards are a greeting card competition devoted to all NEW designs. GCA hosts the competition each year in partnership with Sarah Schwartz, editor of The Paper Nerd, and in conjunction with *Noted: The Greeting Card Expo. The Noted@*Noted Awards Competition focuses on cards that are brand new (released after January 1, 2022), and winners are announced at *Noted!
If you’re exhibiting at *Noted, one entry in Noted@*Noted is included with your space fee. To keep everything fresh, entries must have been introduced after January 1, 2022. Please remember that if you have submitted for the Louie Awards, you will use the same login information.
Thank you to all those who submitted! The finalists of this year’s awards can be found here!
- In order to submit cards for Noted @ *Noted, you must be exhibiting at *Noted/SF NOW 2022 or be active on the GCA Marketplace.
- *Noted/SF NOW exhibitors receive one free entry and may submit up to four additional paid entries.
- There is a max of five entries per company.
- Each maker can only submit one entry to each category.
- All submissions must be NEW, with the first retail sale in 2022 and available for retailers to buy now.
- All submissions must not have been entered in the 33rd Louie Awards.
- GCA members who are eligible can submit for $25/entry
- Non-GCA members who are eligible can submit for $30/entry.
- Best Color Combo Card. Nothing sets a mood like color, and we’re seeking the most alluring examples. Don’t forget to include color or kraft envelopes!
- Best Tear-Jerker Card. This special category is reserved for those cards that splendidly capture and share heartfelt emotions during challenging or celebratory moments in life.
- Best Use of Profanity Card. Some may call these blasphemous, but we’re seeking the true visionaries of this vulgar vein.
- Most Beautiful Card. Send us your best and brightest dazzlers!
- Best Card for Nutty Times. Unprecedented times call for unprecedented cards … show us your very finest!
- Snarkiest Card. Let’s go beyond “ok boomer” to get your most sarcastic offerings (for real!).
- Best “No Occasion”/”Just Because” Card. There’s always a good reason to send a card, and sometimes that reason is no reason at all.
- Best Card from a Rookie/Newbie. If you have been in business for two years or less, this is the category for you. Please share your best & brightest performer!
- Funniest Card. We want to recognize those cards that help us embrace the lighter side of life — be it through pun, wordplay or your own signature humor blend!
- Best New Product Line. Show us your new collections for 2022! We are seeking standout illustration and copy, as well as a distinctive cohesion across the range.
Our prestigious panel of judges include:
- Dan Collier, Daniel Richards Showroom (Atlanta & Dallas), as well as the retail venues Archer Paper Goods (two Atlanta stores, one in Athens, Georgia, one in Dallas and a new one in Charlotte, North Carolina) as well as The Merchant Atlanta (two locations around Atlanta and one in Dallas).
- Chandra Greer, owner of GREER Chicago, Chicago and online
- Sarah Schwartz, The Paper Nerd, Beachwood, Ohio
- Chelsea Shukov, Sugar Paper, which produces its own luxe wholesale range and also has California stores in Brentwood, Newport Beach, and Marin
- Audrey Woollen, Urbanic Paper Boutique, Venice, California
Questions about the awards? Contact us!