We will update this page daily with information on how to take advantage of your *Noted exhibitor package. Scroll down for important updates regarding your exhibit space, as well as additional benefits available to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions Document can be found here with updates as of April 1, 2022
- If you are looking for information on how to register for your Exhibitor Badges at the show, you should have received an email from Emerald directly. If you need that email resent, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exhibitor Know Before You Go
Fort Mason Center for Arts & Culture – Festival Pavilion
2 Marina Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94123
Parking information is available here.
We are adhering to the guidelines and restrictions of the City of San Francisco. Currently we are not requiring masks or proof of vaccination, though you may wear a mask if you’d prefer.
If you haven’t reserved your exhibitor badges, or need to purchase additional, you’ll do so in your Exhibitor Portal. If you need that information re-sent to you, please reach out to email@example.com.
Food and Drink
Start the market off energized with complimentary coffee & breakfast pastries being served on the show floor for SF NOW & *Noted exhibitors from 8:00 AM to 9:45 AM on Thursday, April 28.
Lunch options are available on the show floor between 11:30 am – 2:30 pm on Thursday and Friday. There will be a variety of offerings including salads, sandwiches, bowls, and more!
Beer and wine service will be offered for purchase on Thursday between 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
On Thursday evening from 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm on the Mezzanine level at the back of the show floor, join GCA Associate members for a reception and learn more about their products/services. Associate members will be handing out drink tickets during the day, so be sure to grab one for a complimentary drink!
Finally, enjoy a bite and the view at Fort Mason after the show ends on Friday. Friday Night Food Truck Party is located around the corner from the Festival Pavilion and will offer 20+ food vendors, drinks, and live music. Hosted by Fort Mason from 5:00 pm-10:00 pm. This is a public event and is not affiliated with *Noted or SF Now.
Stop By the GCA Exhibit Space #516 to:
- Pick up your GCA Member pin to wear at the show
- Grab some ribbons to put on your name badge, including: Award Winner, Judge, I sell on the GCA Marketplace, Committee Member, and more!
- Chat with someone about the GCA Marketplace and get a drink ticket for Thursday’s reception
- Write a Thinking of You card to a friend or loved one – complimentary cards and stamps will be provided
- Register for the Fall Workshop & Retreat and save $20 when you register onsite at *Noted April 28th or 29th!
Volunteer to staff the GCA Exhibit Space #516: if you have some time and would like to volunteer to staff the GCA space, sign up here
Stop By the Louie and Noted @ *Noted Finalists/Winners Display
Visit the Louie Awards Display at the front of the show in exhibit space 601, and the adjacent Noted@*Noted display. These free-standing displays, designed and provided by sponsor Universal Presentation Concepts, will feature finalists and winners from both competitions.
Wi-fi is free for everyone and the password is SFNOWNOTED
Wednesday, April 27th:
- Exhibitor Move-In: 12pm – 11:00pm
- Louie Award Ceremony at Gallery 308: 6:30pm – 9:00pm Buy Your Ticket Here
Thursday, April 28th:
- Pitch Programs: 9am – 10am
- Show Floor Hours: 10am – 6pm
- Reception sponsored by GCA Associate members on Show Floor: 6 – 7:30pm
Friday, April 29th:
- Show Floor Hours: 10am – 6pm
- Exhibitor Move-Out: 6pm – 11:59pm
- Food Truck Friday: 6:00pm – 10:00pm Check out the info here
Fort Mason update:
The event prior to SF Now/*Noted (ending April 24) is being picketed by Local 510 and the Teamsters union. As Fort Mason is a federal property, union labor is not required to produce the events there. As of now, no permit has been requested to picket our event, but we will have a contingency plan in place should a picket materialize for our event. Similar to what most folks have seen at various hotels over the years, they would position themselves in front of the building.
Our contractors are non-union, and are producing the event as planned. One scenario that would need to be adjusted is if you have hired outside union labor and they decide not to cross the picket line. We suggest you hire labor directly from FB International in advance to set your booth. Non-union supervisory labor would not be effected. If you have a scheduled delivery with an outside trucking company for Wednesday please let Marybeth know.
If you have any question please reach out to Marybeth Liberty, FB International at 609.287.6527 or Marybeth@fbinternational.net
Open Flame Policy:
While candles are permitted on the show floor, if you plan to light the candle, it must then be secured in glass housings that extend a minimum of two inches past the height of the flame.
View the Exhibitor Manual
This Exhibitor Service Manual outlines the next steps of your participation and is designed to help ensure a successful event for all exhibitors. It contains valuable information from preparation and shipping requirements to exhibit space guidelines and deadlines to important dates and order forms. Please review carefully. We are committed to making your experience as seamless as possible so you may focus on building connections with colleagues and clients, making the most of your time in the Bay Area.View the Exhibitor Manual
Reminder: Please remember with your personal decorations, all fabrics must be flameproofed and foam board must be flame retardant. Items for sale in your exhibit space, including greeting cards, do not need to be flameproofed.
Important Links from the Exhibitor Manual:
- To purchase Lead Retrieval for your exhibit space, click here.
- Complete the Method of Payment/Credit Card Authorization form with FB International. (required for any services rendered with FB International)
- Order Labor for installation or Dismantling from FB International
- Complete the Exhibitor Appointed Contractor (EAC) form (required for any service firms hired outside of FB International or Edlen that will need access to your exhibit space during installation or dismantle)
- Order additional Furnishings/Backwall Paint/Shelving (expenses are responsibility of exhibitor)
- Click here to place an Electrical order with Edlen
- If you are shipping materials to Noted, complete the Inbound Material Handling form. Advanced Warehouse Shipping Dates: April 1-19
- Return shipments require a completed Outbound Material Handling form to be on file. Advanced Form Deadline: April 19
Continue to Spread the Word About *Noted!
- Participate in our *Noted Social Media Campaign – Share on social media that you’re attending! We want to flood Instagram with *Noted information!
Katie Hunt of Proof to Product preaches the power of camaraderie over competition – and *Noted is all about that, an event created by the greeting card community for the greeting card community! Courtesy of Proof to Product, check out these tradeshow resources to help you get ready before, during, and after, *Noted:
- Booth Blueprint Masterclass: Enroll in this free course where you can learn three secrets to maximize your trade show investment and keep wholesale orders coming in long after their show ends.
- Blog Posts to help you maximize your tradeshow success:
- Proof to Product podcasts that share real-life tradeshow experiences from real-life makers:
- Episode 180: Exhibiting as an Emerging Artist, featuring Jean Marie Sanchez of Little Feet’s Opus
- Episode 233: Sales Results from exhibiting at an industry show, featuring Jodi Kostelnik, The Neighborgoods
- Episode 236: Lessons Learned exhibiting at industry shows, featuring GCA Member Christy Asper of Paper Baristas
Keep an eye out for Katie at this year’s Louie Awards Ceremony, walking the floor at *Noted, and participating in the Find New Makers Pitch Program providing feedback to *Noted exhibitors!
Move Out Information
EXHIBITOR MOVE-OUT SCHEDULE
Friday, April 29, 6pm – 12am (midnight)
Saturday, April 30, 8am – 10am
All booths must be packed and removed by: 10:00AM on Saturday, April 30.
There is no targeted move out for this show. Exhibitors interested in move-out on Friday, April 29, must be packed and have their Material Handling Agreement turned into the FB International service desk by 10:00PM on Friday, April 29 if you are planning on loading out on Friday, April 29. To ensure all exhibitor materials are removed by this time, all carriers must be checked in by 8:00PM. Exhibitor move-out continues on Saturday, April 30. Exhibitors must be packed and have their Material Handling Agreement turned into the FB International service desk by 8:00AM on Saturday, April 30. ALL exhibitor materials must be removed by 10:00AM.
If you wish to mail your packages using a parcel service, such as FedEx, you must hand carry your boxes to a shipping center. The closest shipping center for UPS, FedEx, DHL and Amazon is Mail Boxes & C) at 1517 North Point Street, their phone number is (415) 923-9840. They are open from 9:30am-6:00pm on Friday and 10:00am-4:00pm on Saturday.
MAKE A PRODUCT DONATION
Please contact Lorrie de Bellis (firstname.lastname@example.org or 949-235-6285) prior to the close of show, to discuss donating any items. The exhibitor will be required to inform FB International of their intention to donate and will be provided with specific donation labels.
If you have contracted a freight company you must do the following:
- After packing, completely close, seal and label your freight.
- Complete any forms required by your carrier. Also inform them that you have a shipment to be picked up.
- Pick up a Material Handling Agreement form from the FB International Service Desk. Fully complete the form and return to FB International. Please do not leave your Material Handling Agreement in your booth.
- Leave your freight in your booth. NOTE: For the safety & security of your product, we recommend that you or a staff member wait with your freight until it is picked up by FB International. Show Management/FB International cannot guarantee the safety of items left unattended.
- The FB International service desk is located next to coat check in the front of the hall.
Damaged Panel Fee
Excessive damages to package booth walls will result in a panel replacement charge of $382.90 per panel, which will appear on your FB International invoice. A panel deemed to be damaged beyond repair will be subject to a replacement charge of $630.00 per panel. Cutting holes THROUGH any panel renders the panel a complete loss, and the exhibitor will be responsible for the full replacement cost of the panel. Please refer to the Damaged Panel Handout in the service kit for additional information.
Empty Container Return
Your empty containers will be returned to you starting at 6:00pm and may take up to 2 hours to reach your booth.
EXHIBITOR HAND CARRY – Move out will be the same as move in.
- Friday, April 29, 6pm – 12am (midnight)
- Saturday, April 30, 8am – 10am
Individuals moving the items must be employees of the exhibiting company and must carry identification.
Exhibitors moving items must use the doors and routes designated by show management.
MOVE OUT RULES
- Early move out is prohibited. Please do not pack or dismantle any part of your exhibit in any way prior to the official closing of the Market. Early packing will jeopardize your participation in future shows.
- BUYERS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO TAKE ANY MERCHANDISE OUT OF THE BUILDING. ALL MERCHANDISE, WHETHER SOLD, EXCHANGED, OR GIVEN AS SAMPLES, MUST BE SHIPPED.
- Badges are STILL required during move out to gain access to the hall. Exhibitor’s employees helping with dismantling will be issued a wristband from Security personnel in the front of the Exhibit Halls. Exhibitor’s employees must carry suitable photo identification. EXHIBITORS ARE FORBIDDEN TO BRING ANY ITINERANT PERSONNEL INTO THE BUILDING OFF THE STREET. EXHIBITOR ACCESS TO THE BUILDING TERMINATES AT 11:59 PM ON FRIDAY.
- CHILDREN UNDER 16 ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE SHOW FLOOR DURING THE SET-UP AND DISMANTLING PERIODS. Proof of age may be required.
- During the move-out period, the Exhibitors’ entrance and exit will be the same as during the set-up period. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT DRAYAGE (material handling service/loading out service) IS INCLUDED IN YOUR EXHIBIT FEE
Do not leave your space unattended during the dismantling period. Most importantly, do not leave samples unpacked or cartons open on Friday night.
Any questions? Email email@example.com!