Pitch Programs at *Noted
April 28 & 29, 2022
Fort Mason Center for Arts & Culture, San Francisco
*Noted Pitch Programs are where makers have a chance to WOW buyers.
The highlight of *Noted will certainly once again be our Pitch Programs, which gives selected makers the opportunity to each pitch their line in a brief session with a panel of retailers, while other retailers watch live or later at their convenience. The first four editions—live in Brooklyn in 2019, the virtual Black Makers Pitch Program in 2020, and at the virtual *Noted events in 2020 and 2021—generated significant business growth for makers and retailers alike, so, at the request of makers and retailers alike, we are stepping it up in 2022 to offer at least four Pitch Programs in San Francisco.
The 2022 *Noted Pitch Programs will take place LIVE at *Noted the morning of Thursday, April 28, 2022 before the show floor opens. A group of retailers will be walked to your booth for you to give your pitch in-person.
Pitch programs are available only to *Noted exhibitors. If you are chosen to be a Pitch Program participant, but haven’t signed up to exhibit yet, you will need to sign up by March 21st.
The cost to participate is $250. Scholarships are available for makers applying to the New and Makers of Color program.
Signing up for a Pitch Program does not guarantee you a Pitch. Qualified Pitchers will be chosen via a lottery system. Those selected for each Pitch Program will be contacted the week of March 14th.
2022 Pitch Programs:
- Land Key Accounts – Getting your cards in front of the right decision makers at key accounts is something with which many Makers, new and established, struggle. The cost to participate is $250. Applications have closed for the 2022 Noted.
- Pitch Your Line – This is it – your opportunity to pitch your vision, your brand, and your cards. Your story is what makes your cards stand out, so prep that elevator speech and get ready to tell your story and make a splash. The cost to participate is $250. Applications have closed for the 2022 Noted.
- Find New Makers – Retailers are always looking for a fresh selection of cards from up-and-coming new Makers. If you’ve been selling your cards wholesale for three years or less, this program is for you. This pitch program will be scholarship-based, so the winners of the scholarship will have the $250 fee waived. Applications have closed for the 2022 Noted.
- Discover Makers of Color – GCA recognizes the systematic boundaries that have limited the voices, impressions, and reach of Makers of Color. As a community, we must continue to learn, adapt, and highlight these Makers to push industry inclusion, belonging, and representation. This pitch program will be scholarship-based, so the winners of the scholarship will have the $250 fee waived. Applications have closed for the 2022 Noted.
Thank you to our Pitch Program sponsors whose generous support provides scholarships and makes the Pitch Program possible:
2022 Confirmed Receivers:
*This list is being updated daily as we confirm more retailers/buyers/sales reps!
- Jen Marcello, Wegmans
- Cynthia Brown, Meijer
- Jennifer Kattalia, Paper Source
- Dan Collier, Daniel Richards Group
- Greta Heida, Air Co.
- Christie Hall Kennerly, Bas Bleu
- Katie Wilson, Crush
- Barbara, Daisy’s Mercantile
- post.script, San Francisco
- Rare Device, San Francisco
- Destinie, Party Art Community
- Victoria Venturi, Paper Epiphanies
2022 Pitch Program Timeline:
- January 24, 2022: Applications open (scholarships AND others)
- February 28, 2022: Applications close
- Week of March 14, 2022: All pitchers contacted and announced
- Week of April 4, 2022: Virtual training/Q&A sessions
- April 28, 2022: Live pitches between 9-10 am
Questions about our Pitch Programs? Email us!