Pitch Programs at *Noted
April 27th, 2023
Fort Mason Center for Arts & Culture, San Francisco
*Noted Pitch Programs are where makers have a chance to WOW buyers.
The highlight of *Noted will certainly once again be our Pitch Programs, which gives selected makers the opportunity to each pitch their line in a brief session with a panel of invited retailers. The first five editions—live in Brooklyn in 2019 and San Francisco in 2022, the virtual Black Makers Pitch Program in 2020, and at the virtual *Noted events in 2020 and 2021—generated significant business growth for makers and retailers alike, so, at the request of makers and retailers alike, we are once again offering four Pitch Programs in San Francisco.
The 2023 *Noted Pitch Programs will take place LIVE at *Noted the morning of Thursday, April 27, 2023 before the show floor opens. A group of retailers will be walked to your exhibit space for you to give your pitch in-person.
Applications for the 2023 Pitch Programs are now closed. Those chosen to be a pitcher will be contacted the week of March 20th.
Pitch programs are available only to *Noted exhibitors. The cost to participate is $250. Scholarships are available for makers applying to the New and Makers of Color program. Signing up for a Pitch Program does not guarantee you a Pitch. Qualified Pitchers will be chosen via a lottery system.
2023 Pitch Programs:
- General Pitch Programs – This is it – your opportunity to pitch your vision, your brand, and your cards. Your story is what makes your cards stand out, so prep that elevator speech and get ready to tell your story and make a splash. Receivers of this pitch program will be from a variety of sizes and geographics – key accounts, individual retailers, and reps. There will be TWO General Pitch Program groups. The cost to participate is $250. While we are still adding retailers to the list, the current retailers confirmed to participate in these sessions are:
- Andrew Gawdun, Curious
- Cynthia Brown, Meijer
- Christie Kennerly/Ann Gregory, Bas Bleu
- Jennifer Luna, Paper Luxe
- Heather MacDermott, Excelsior Rep Network
- Chelsea Shukov, Sugar Paper
- Jeremy Saumure, Flax Pen to Paper
- Ceci Butler, Design House Greetings
- Find New Makers – Retailers are always looking for a fresh selection of cards from up-and-coming new Makers. If you’ve been in business for three years or less, this program is for you. This pitch program will be scholarship-based, so the winners of the scholarship will have the $250 fee waived. While we are still adding retailers to the list, the current retailers confirmed to participate in this session is:
- Kevin Esselstrom, Rock Paper Scissor
- Greta Heida, Air Co.
- Audrey Woollen, Urbanic Paper
- Ivy and Amy Nanola, Lola
- Julie & Alison, Paper Caper
- Discover Makers of Color – GCA recognizes the systematic boundaries that have limited the voices, impressions, and reach of Makers of Color. As a community, we must continue to learn, adapt, and highlight these Makers to push industry inclusion, belonging, and representation. This pitch program will be scholarship-based, so the winners of the scholarship will have the $250 fee waived. While we are still adding retailers to the list, the current retailers confirmed to participate in this program is:
- Alex Beritzhoff, Folio
- Dan Collier, Daniel Richards Group
- Giselle Gyalzen, Rare Device
- Yo Kanagawa, Good Earth Natural Foods
- Lisa Sherratt, Serendipity
2023 Pitch Program Timeline:
- January 30, 2023: Applications open (scholarships AND others)
- March 6, 2023: Applications close
- Week of March 20, 2023: All pitchers contacted and announced
- Week of April 3, 2023: Virtual training/Q&A sessions
- April 27, 2023: Live pitches between 9-10 am
Questions about our Pitch Programs? Email us!