Benefits of GCA Membership
The Greeting Card Association offers member companies so many ways to be successful in the greeting card business. Through the GCA, members can:
- Gain access to the online, members-only GCA Community where we share resources, connect, network, and build a community. In a world where all information is available but real answers are hard to find, the GCA Community makes a worldwide industry seem local with groups, topics, and separate chat options for all members.
- View members-only content on the GCA Resource Center including recorded webinars, frequently asked questions, information about suppliers, and more.
- Save money with special member discounts and services, including:
- Discounted exhibit space at our annual *Noted: The Greeting Card Expo, the largest gathering of greeting card companies in North America.
- Discounted registration fee for the Workshop + Retreat, our annual educational conference where card publishers, industry suppliers, retail partners, and more meet for 2-3 days filled with networking, education, events, and fun.
- The ability to participate in a discounted micro-booth space in a Village at various industry tradeshows (NY NOW, Atlanta Market, etc.) with fellow GCA members at a lower cost.
- The right to use the “Proud Member of the Greeting Card Association” logo in all business materials.
- Network with fellow industry members at various in-person GCA Member Meet-Ups throughout the country.
- Achieve national awareness for your products by participating in the Louie Awards, recognized as the industry’s premier showcase for creativity and innovation, since 1988! Major news organizations cover the awards every year, between September and June. Members pay reduced entry fees. Finalists and winning companies benefit from even more exposure that comes with the quest for a coveted Louie Award.
- Work with established companies of all sizes and industry tenures as part of the bi-weekly virtual Town Hall Meetings. Whether you are new to the industry or work at an established company, these virtual meetings are a way to connect with fellow members, talk about current industry news, as well as what’s going on in the GCA! Watch the recordings of all meetings on the GCA Resource Center.
- Make better decisions through access to industry data and resources. The GCA is updating its information on greeting card sales, trends and statistics this year.
- Stay up to date on the latest techniques and trends by participating in GCA professional development programs, developed by industry leaders and colleagues.
- Gain exposure, learn from your peers and help shape the industry as part of an active GCA committee or the Board of Directors. When you volunteer, you collaborate with the best in the industry, build your company’s reputation, and help others achieve success. The GCA Board and Committee structure is an open structure, allowing you an opportunity to connect, participate… and make a difference.
- Promote your business in the bi-monthly Card Talk, our member newsletter. Want to write for the GCA? We invite members to submit content ideas or stories for consideration.
- Advocate for the greeting card industry and its stakeholders. The Postal Regulatory Committee regularly calls on the GCA, because of its broad network, which represents approximately 95% of the industry. We engage with a variety of advocacy working groups, and have built a powerful coalition, to support an independent USPS that delivers mail six days a week while maintain service quality and rate stability. We also support the current real price for single piece, First Class Mail.
- Get in front of potential buyers through participation in our online “find-a-member” directory.
Apart from great people, events and relationships that the GCA has brought into my life, being a GCA member has been good for my business. Those same people, relationships and events that came about because of my involvement have strengthened our company, and our industry.