Benefits of GCA Membership
The Greeting Card Association offers member companies so many ways to be successful in the greeting card business. Through the GCA, members can:
- Work with established companies of all sizes and industry tenures as part of the GCA Mentorship Program. Whether you are new to the industry or work at an established company, the GCA Mentorship Program offers benefits to mentors and mentees alike.
- Make better decisions through access to industry data. The GCA is updating its information on greeting card sales, trends and statistics this year
- Stay up to date on the latest techniques and trends by participating in GCA professional development programs, developed by industry leaders and colleagues. Our upcoming 77th Annual Convention in Cleveland, unique regional networking opportunities in the northeast and southeast, and e-learning opportunities help members grow their business. Member representatives may also qualify as speakers for events.
- Gain exposure, learn from your peers and help shape the industry as part of an active GCA committee or the Board of Directors. When you volunteer, you collaborate with the best in the industry, build your company’s reputation, and help others achieve success. The GCA Board and Committee structure is an open structure, allowing you an opportunity to connect, participate… and make a difference.
- Promote your business in the bi-monthly Card Talk, our member newsletter. Want to write for the GCA? We invite members to submit content ideas or stories for consideration.
- Advocate for the greeting card industry and its stakeholders. The Postal Regulatory Committee regularly calls on the GCA, because of its broad network, which represents approximately 95% of the industry. We engage with a variety of advocacy working groups, and have built a powerful coalition, to support an independent USPS that delivers mail six days a week while maintain service quality and rate stability. We also support the current real price for single piece, First Class Mail.
- Achieve national awareness for your products, by participating in the LOUIE Awards, recognized as the industry’s premier showcase for creativity and innovation, since 1988! Major news organizations cover the awards every year, between September and June. Members pay reduced entry fees. Finalists and winning companies benefit from even more exposure that comes with the quest for a coveted LOUIE.
- Save money by registering for GCA “live” and virtual events, at discounted rates. In addition, members enjoy free access to content; non-members pay a fee.
- Receive a complimentary copy of the GCA Associates Resource Guide of industry suppliers, putting you in touch with these important partners.
- Find new customers through participation in our online “find-a-member” directory.
- Enjoy special member discounts and services, including:
- An insurance benefits and discount program, which includes discounts on FedEx and UPS package shipping
- The right to use the “Proud Member of the Greeting Card Association” logo in all business materials.
- Discounted exhibit space through the National Stationery Show (NSS), GCA’s Atlanta Networking Reception, and the Annual Convention.
Special Membership Offer for Small Companies
Join the GCA for 2018, and receive membership through the end of 2019 for one low fee!
Apart from great people, events and relationships that the GCA has brought into my life, being a GCA member has been good for my business. Those same people, relationships and events that came about because of my involvement have strengthened our company, and our industry.Carlos LLansó