*Noted: The Greeting Card Expo Goes Virtual May 20 & 21, 2021
February 2, 2021 (Denver, CO) – The Greeting Card Association (GCA) is excited to announce that its annual greeting card event, *Noted: The Greeting Card Expo, will be held virtually May 20-21, 2021.
The greeting card category is experiencing a resurgence during the current pandemic, with consumers expressing a growing appreciation for the value of cards in furthering relationships, and retailers are looking for products that reflect the current times as well as offer new, creative designs. The pandemic has also led to many unexpected challenges which have caused makers and retailers alike to pivot and approach doing business in innovative ways. A virtual version of *Noted supports those pivots by allowing makers to connect with retailers and expand their business in a tailored online environment.
“*Noted is more than just a traditional trade show,” says GCA President, George White of Up With Paper. “It was created to foster community among the stakeholders in our space, including not only makers but also retailers, sales reps, and suppliers. Building on the success of our first in-person *Noted event in 2019, we look forward to now expanding our community further with this virtual effort.”
*Noted’s key focus is to help greeting card makers reach more buyers and sell more cards. “Exhibitors at *Noted will be able to sell directly to interested retailers and buyers through the GCA Marketplace, our exclusive online B2B platform,” explains GCA Executive Director, Nora Weiser. The GCA Marketplace allows GCA members to sell online with transaction fees up to 400% lower than most other B2B platforms that serve small publishers.
*Noted was first held in 2019 in Brooklyn, NY, and is next scheduled to be held in-person in May 2022 in San Francisco. For the 2021 virtual event, *Noted will:
- Feature keynote sessions with timely topics for buyers and sellers
- Highlight Pitch Programs to get makers front-and-center with potential buyers
- Recognize outstanding new cards in the juried Noted@*Noted competition
- Announce finalists of the 2021 Louie Awards competition
- Allow exhibitors to transact sales through the GCA Marketplace
- Offer multiple levels of exposure tailored to makers’ needs
- Foster fun and community through networking and virtual social events
- Highlight sponsors who value and support the greeting card industry
- Welcome qualified retailers with complimentary attendance
With people continuing to celebrate life events remotely in order to adhere to social distancing protocols, greeting cards as a stand-alone item or as a valuable add-on item, have gained importance as a way for retailers to increase sales. Retailers who shop *Noted this year will be amazed by the variety, creativity, and quality of cards on display. Those who wish to exhibit, sponsor, or attend can do so by visiting the GCA website at www.greetingcard.org.