Dear GCA Member:
I’m so proud to be in an industry that helps people of all ages and backgrounds connect in real, meaningful and creative ways.
When I joined the GCA 14 years ago, Richard Evans welcomed Cathy and I to the convention in Lake George, NY. Richard told me that the GCA was a unique organization, comprised of competitors who are friendly, helpful, and really care about each other and the industry. He was right. Fourteen years ago, I didn’t imagine I would be president of this organization. Today, I can’t imagine that my term is nearing its end.
As the GCA prepares to transition leadership to Christy Kaprosy at American Greetings, I want to thank the Executive Committee, Board of Directors, Committee Chairs and all of our Publisher, Artist and Associate members for their time, ideas, commitment and support these last two years. In addition to managing the LOUIE Awards and hosting two great Annual Conventions, continuing our mentoring program and all our “regular” member services, together we:
- Launched a new website at the familiar address, greetingcard.org
- Introduced “Meet the Greeting Card Experts,” an informal Q&A opportunity for members and non-members on five topics of importance to our industry
- Conducted our first-ever GCA Industry survey – and a second is on the way
- Introduced the “GCA Village” – a collaborative exhibit space — at the 2017 National Stationery Show. We’re happy to announce that the GCA Village will return in 2018!
- Represented the industry on Capitol Hill and in the media and further strengthened our relationship with the U.S. Postal Service
None of this could have happened without our amazing GCA staff!
I look forward to continuing to work with all of you in my new role: GCA member. OK…Past President for a couple more years but they tell me that’s just a title 😊. I encourage each of you to get more involved in the GCA. Join a Committee, mentor a new member, host a local GCA “Happy “Hour”, a new initiative to engage smaller publishers (I’m hosting one next month.). If you are a new member, you have probably heard me say “We have your membership, we took your money, now get involved and see what a great association this is!”
I’m always glad to talk with you about my amazing GCA experiences and how they have helped me create real and meaningful connections.